Social Security Card - Who is it for is professional filing agency that assists with application preparation for new or replacement social security cards. Our easy to use system allows you to complete the SS-5 form with confidence and ease. Save time and money allowing us to accurately prepare your forms from the comfort of your home.

We are not affiliated with any government agency.

You can obtain free assistance and forms by directly contacting the SSA (Social Security Administration).We work directly for you and include a Ebook, step by step instructions, and extended customer service.

Many people living in or working in the U.S. need a social security card. These include children and adults, citizens of the U.S. and noncitizens. The Social Security Administration has specific guidelines about which documents you must submit when applying for a social security card for the first time. Everyone must prove Age, Citizenshp and Identity by using at least two different supporting documents. They must be originals or certified copies from the issuing authority.


If you were born in the U.S.,verify your age by presenting a your birth record from a U.S. hospital (the preferred method). If no birth certificate is available, a religious document issued before you were five years of age that states your age is acceptable as is a U.S. passport.


A birth certificate or a passport will satisfy the citizenship requirement too. As for establising identify, typical acceptable documents are a U.S. driver’s license, a state-issued non-driver’s license or a U. S. passport. Alternative forms of ID are 1) any health insurance card except a Medicare card 2) a school ID 3) an employee ID or 4) a U.S. military ID.


Anyone—whether a citizen or not—who is 12 years of age and older and who has never had a social security card must visit a Social Security office. If you’ve lived in the U.S., you may be asked for tax records or a list of the schools you attended. U.S. citizens who’ve lived abroad for a long time can show school or employment records. A current or expired passport is another acceptable form of evidence.

Social Security Card – Who is it for

If you’re a U.S, citizen who was born abroad, identity documents are the same as for people born in the U.S. To prove citizenship, submit a U.S. passport, a Certificate of Naturalization, a Certificate of Citizenship, a Certificate of Report of Birth or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. To satisfy the Age requirement, a foreign birth certificate is acceptable. If you can’t supply one, a passport or a document issued by the Department of Homeland Security may be permitted.


When you’re authorized to work stateside by the Department of Homeland Security even if you’re not a U.S. citizen, you can usually apply for a social security card. You’ll need to verify your identity, age, authorization to work and immigration status. Supporting documents include a Permanent Resident Card, Arrival Departure Record along with a current foreign passport or an Employment Authorization Document from DHS.


F-1 or M-1 students must provide a Certificate of Eligibility for Non immigrant Student Status. Furthermore, if you’re a F-1 student with a work permit, present it. If you’ll work on campus, ask he school to write a detailed letter about the particulars of your job. Present a recent pay slip if you have one. An international visitor, J-1 student or student intern must present a letter from the sponsor authorizing the employment.

New parents can apply for their baby’s social security card at the birth hospital when they supply information for the the birth certificate. Otherwise, Social Security must verify the birth, which slows the process. You can get a social security card for an adopted child if you supply documents proving the child’s age and identity as well as your identity.


A social security card allows you to claim your child as a dependent on your tax return, permits your employer to issue a W-2 showing your yearly earnings and more.Because of the flexibility the Social Security Administration offers in the documents it will accept, getting one is relatively easy.